Saturday, April 30, 2016

Quick Fix: Salmon in Parchment



Welcome to Quick Fix, a series of posts and videos I'll be sharing for recipes that are quick and easy to make.  For this first installment, I'm sharing Salmon in Parchment.  This is not only a quick and easy way to bake salmon, but it's also very reliable and my favorite way to prepare fish indoors. The fish always comes out tender, flaky and full of flavor.

Here's the video so you can follow along if you like:



And here's the instructions.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

For this recipe you'll need:
sheet pan
parchment
salmon filet (or any other fish)
1 lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
dill
salt

Place a sheet of parchment on the sheet pan - making sure to tear off a big enough piece to enclose the salmon in.  Place salmon on parchment and season liberally with salt.  Slice lemon and place slices on top of salmon.  Sprinkle with dill and garlic.

Fold parchment around salmon, forming a pouch.  Bake 15-20 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.  It should easily flake away when checked with a fork.

I hope you'll tune in and try this method. I'd love to hear how you make it your own!



1 comment:

  1. You are over the moon in creativity and cooking and posting. Tomorrow my dinner will be this dinner. I am so darn proud of you!!! Madalyn

    ReplyDelete