Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Dinner 2013

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Holidays whatever your traditions are at this time of year!


We're hosting Christmas Dinner with my side of the family this year.  This means my parents, my sister and her significant other, his mom, her two kids and their spouses. 

I decided I wanted to try something I love but have never made myself before - a Leg of Lamb!  My parents don't care for lamb though, so we're also having ham.  Of course, we'll have appetizers, cookies and wine before dinner with plenty of conversation and family time.  We'll round out our meal with roasted potatoes, salad, cranberry sauce and finish with Poached Pears for dessert.

I have been busily mining Pinterest for recipes for the lamb and pears, here's the results:

We're having this lamb, ham, roasted potatoes which I simply toss in extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, fresh rosemary and plenty of whole cloves of garlic and roast at about 450 degrees until they are crisp on the outside and tender on the inside.  I've also decided to make these green beans, which not only pretty but sound delicious too. My sister is bringing the salad for which, I suspect, she'll whip up a fresh vinaigrette.  We're having Mulled Wine Sangria - a recipe from The Chew's Clinton Kelly - which I can hardly wait to try.   Finally I found this recipe for Poached Pears which we'll have for dessert - I think it sounds delightful and it shouldn't pose any problems for the many food issues our family members have these days. 

What are your plans for the holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment